NTA (National Testing Agency) is the new conducting body of JEE Main from this year onwards. 2019 onwards, this examination will be held twice in a year (in Jan and in April). The authority has announced the date of release of JEE Main 2019 admit card as December 17, 2018 for Jan session and March 18, 2019 for April session.
Candidates may download the admit card from the official website of NTA (nta.ac.in) after entering application number, password and security pin. Issuance of admit card will not be done through post/fax/courier service and therefore students are suggested to download the admit card within the deadline.
JEE Main is the most sought after engineering entrance exam in the country. It is a gateway to the premier institutes such as IITs, NITs, GFTIs, IIITs and other participating institutes. Although for getting into IIT, one has to clear both JEE Main as well as JEE Advanced, other institutes consider the scorecard of JEE Main sufficient for offering admission to their institutes in various courses such as B.Tech/BE and B.Arch/B.Plan.
Candidates are advised to check the details mentioned on the admit card, if any error is found, it must be immediately reported to NTA and must be get rectified.
Here we will be talking about the downloading procedure of JEE Main 2019 admit card and the details mentioned on the admit card one after the other.
JEE Main 2019 Admit Card: Downloading Procedure
• Visit the official website of NTA (nta.ac.in) and go to the application portal.
• Log in by entering application number, password and security pin.
• Candidates who are going to take XII board exams this year need to submit their roll number as well.
• After successful login, admit card of the concerned candidate will get displayed on the screen.
• Candidates are suggested to cross check the details mentioned on the admit card and if any error is being found, it must be immediately reported to the NTA and should be corrected at an urgent note.
• If no error is found and all the details are correct, take printouts of the same and keep them carefully for future reference.
JEE MainAdmit Card: Details Mentioned
• Name of the candidate.
• Date of birth.
• Name of the course.
• Photograph and signature of the candidate.
• Date and shift of the exam.
• Medium of the question paper.
• General instructions which are expected to be followed by the candidate.
• Parent’s signature.
• Paper(s) for which the student has opted (paper 1 or paper 2).
• Address of the exam center.
JEE Main 2019: Important Events and Dates
• Exam Date and Shift Released on: October 5, 2018
• Exam Centers Allocated on: October 19, 2018
• Admit Card will be Accessible: From Dec 17, 2018 (for Jan session) and from March 18, 2019 (for April session)
• Date of Exam: From Jan 6 till Jan 20, 2019 (for Jan session) and from April 6 till April 20, 2019 (for April session)
• Result will get Declared: On Jan 31, 2019 (Jan session) and April 30, 2019 (April session)