An abnormal growth of cells in the brain is called a brain tumor. A brain tumor may be cancerous or noncancerous and it creates pressure inside the skull which can be causedby death. For the treatment of brain tumor, the Brain Tumor Surgery cost in India is affordable and available within different types of packages.
Types of brain tumor: Brain tumor can be classified into two types like primary and secondary. The primary brain tumor originates inside the brain and the secondary brain tumor, which is called metastatic brain tumor, originates at the other organs where cancerous cells spread from the brain.
- Primary brain tumor: Primary brain tumors can develop in the different part of the brain like the membrane of the brain or meninges, brain cells, nerve cells, glands etc. The most common two types of cancerous or benign brain tumor are meningiomas and gliomas. Gliomas develop from the glial cells. The functions of the glial cells are:
- Provide support for the structural formation of the central nervous system.
- Help for the nutrition of the central nervous system.
- Help for the cleaning of cellular waste.
- Provide support for the breaking down of neurons which are dead.
Different types of tumor can be developed in the glial cells which include:
- Glioblastomas, which are very aggressive and develop in the supportive tissues of the brain.
- Astrocytic tumor, which develops in the region of the cerebrum.
- Oligodendroglial tumors, which originate in the temporal lobes of the front part of the brain.
Other types of primary brain tumors
- pineal gland tumor may be malignant or benign
- ependymomas which are mostly benign
- a pituitary tumor which is mostly benign
- primary central nervous system lymphomas, which is malignant
- craniopharyngiomas, which is very common for the children and benign. The symptoms are advanced puberty and changes made in vision
- schwannomas, which develops on the myelin sheath or schwann cells
- meningiomas, which develops in the outer covering of the brain or meninges
Secondary brain tumor: This type of brain tumor is always malignant which involves for spread the cancerous cells from the brain to the other parts of the body like lung, kidney, breast, skin etc.
Risk factors of the brain tumor
- Chemical exposure: Sometimes, the cancer-causing chemicals in your workplace can cause brain tumor which causes cancer.
- Radiation exposure: Sometimes, the powerful radiation therapy is made for the treatment which causes a brain tumor. The powerful radiation of the nuclear power plant can cause a brain tumor.
- Family history: Most of the cancers are not hereditary and only 5-10 percent of all types of cancer is hereditary.
- Age: There may a chance of a brain tumor with the increase of age.
Symptoms of brain tumor
- Changes made in the mental function
- Vision gets blurred or double vision
- Memory loss
- Feeling difficulties in writing or reading
- Feeling abnormalities for hearing, tasting or smelling
- Feeling problems for swallowing
- Losing of body balance
- Uncontrolled bowel
- Hand tremors
- Feeling difficulties while speaking or understanding the other’s speech
- A feeling problem for walking
- Feeling weakness in the muscles of the different parts of the body
- Abnormalities in personality, behavior, and emotions